Different glitters have different finishes, so when light hits them they sparkle in different ways. The three types of glitter I use are:
- Traditional – Metalic finish glitter that is the same color on both sides and all particles are colored the same.
- Pearlescent – Non-metalic finish with matte or muted hues and soft light reflections. Some or all particles may appear translucent.
- Holographic – Metallic finish glitter with a secondary rainbow finish that gives a dazzling effect. These highly reflective glitters are perfect for statement pieces.
There are lots of different sized glitters out there, but I utilize five different sizes. Not all glitter sizes are appropriate for every project.
- Chunky – All chunky glitters I use are “mixes” which means they contain several sizes of glitters (all in the same color/type) with the largest being about 5mm wide. This gives great dimension and sparkle to keychains and tumblers, but the particles are too large to use effectively in ornaments.
- Mini Chunky – All mini chunky glitters I use are “mixes” which means they contain several sizes of glitters (all in the same color/type) with the largest being about 2mm wide. This gives great dimension and sparkle to keychains and tumblers, but the particles are too large to use effectively in ornaments.
- Fine – This is the tradional glitter size used for most craft projects.
- Extra Fine – Slightly smaller than Fine, this glitter is perfect for nearly every appication and widely available in just about any color.
- Ultra Fine – Very small particle glitter, sometimes called glitter dust. Looks best in projects where subtle shine or shimmer is desired.
Note that due to the differences in computer screen colors and glitter lot differences, we cannot guarantee exact color matching. Our glitter supply often fluctuates based on demand and product availability. Please contact us if you need a more specific color option than those listed in the item you are purchasing.